Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Recipe Day

My boyfriend, Sam, is a smoothie aficionado.  When he injured his knee a little over a year ago, he said hobbling to the blender was about as much as he could stand at a time.  Now that it's warming up, we've taken to making these together.

I like to portion the fruit out in freezer bags so that I can just toss it in the blender with the juice and yogurt in the morning.  It's a great time saver, especially since I purposely wake up as late as possible without being late to work.

Morning Smoothie

Ingredients: (to save me from typing it a lot, I'll say here - all the ingredients are organic)
1/2 a cup of blueberries
1/2 a cup of strawberries
1/2 a cup of raspberries
1/2 a banana
1/4 cup of pineapple
1 cup of carrot juice
1 large tablespoon of Greek yogurt, plain
1/2 a cup of spinach*
2 tablespoons of whey protein powder*

Directions:
If your blender is anything like mine and you've frozen the fruit, it helps to take the bag out a little while before you want to make it.  Otherwise, toss in the fruit, carrot juice, yogurt, and blend!

This recipe will make approximately 16 ounces of smoothie, depending on the amount of liquid you use.

*I've modified this recipe from the original post.  I just started adding spinach and protein powder and it's delicious.

Do you have smoothie recipes?  Want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment