Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What's in Your Fitness Closet?



Here's a peak inside my "minimalist" fitness closet:

My running gear!
Minimalist actually means "no money."  So I pick things up one at a time as I can afford it; everything shown is well used and well loved.

Shoes: 
  • The white pair of Nike's are so old, I can't remember what kind they are.  They are semi-retired and mostly used for hiking and trail running now.
  • The pink pair are my current road shoes.  They're the Saucony Guide 6 and I heart them a lot.
Socks:

  • I use Champion; I have no idea why.  But I love them and they're cheap and I wouldn't run in anything else.
Tights:
  • I have two pairs of Adidas.  They're exactly the same except for the color of the stripes down the sides.  I've had the older (pink striped) pair for a couple of years.  I wear them almost every day and they're still like new.
Shorts: 
  • I have a pair of black Under Armours and a pair of really bright Nike shorts.  I wear them when it's hot out and I'm feeling especially body confident.
Shirts: 
  • Both the shirts I run in most often are Champion.  To be honest, I bought them because I tan faster than anyone on Earth and these were cut low enough (but with enough support) that I wouldn't have a ridiculous tan line across the top of my chest come summer.
Sports Bras:
  • I have two, one is Champion, one is Nike.  They're both pink and support the ladies quite nicely.
Jacket:
  • I run in a University of Montana track jacket when it's cold.  Go Griz!
Extras:
  • My MP3 player because you've gotta have tunes.
  • The beanie was for registering for Run for the Luck of It in 2011
  • I pull my fingerless gloves over my hands during winter running.
Other things:
  • Here is a small sampling of race/running related t-shirts (and the medal from my first half marathon).  The grey shirt is one of my favorites.  It's a list of running trails in Missoula with "I Run Missoula" written at the bottom.

And there you have it!

Thanks to Pavement Runner for starting this post and linking all of us bloggers on his site.  You can visit his website from the links at the left.

1 comment:

  1. What have gets used, and what you wear, rocks! Expensive does not equal better running.

    Love the variety of colors...

    ReplyDelete